Victorian Diamond Enamel Swallow Brooch
With an aesthetic just as pleasing as the actual flight of a graceful swallow bird, this Victorian brooch circa 1880 will be a constant reminder of family, friendship and honor. Quite representational, the slender streamlined body, long pointed wings and elongated forked tail are crafted of silver topped 14k yellow gold. Embellished with polychromatic blue enamel and a mix of sixty-four (64) rose cut and old mine cut diamonds of an estimated .50 carats, the iridescent wonder of an avian effortlessly glides through the air. Its diamond-studded head with ruby set eyes keeps a steady focus to return always to home base.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.7 cm) in length by 2-5/8 inches (7 cm) in width. Weight of 12.7 grams (8.1 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; one rose cut diamond in head replaced with a brilliant cut diamond; later hinge and replaced or reinforced "C" clasp.
Note: Diamonds have not been removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. All diamond weights have been approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.