Scarce Georgian Black Dot Paste Earrings
A number of Georgian era paste earrings have been converted to earrings from clothing buttons. Now, no disrespect to those fabulous earbobs…yet these most desirable and very scarce cluster earrings are the “real thing”. The earrings are set with that amazing black dot paste with that exceptional glow, shimmer and luster we have come to love.
Larger pastes form a six “petal” flower around a central paste core with eighteen (18) to nineteen (19) smaller pastes create a scalloped surround. All of the pastes are wonderfully hand-cut, foiled and set in the typical closed back mount of silver. Prodigious in size without going beyond, the earring have retained their original back to front ear wires.
Date: Circa 1780.
Measurements: 1 inch (2.5 cm) in length including ear wire by 7/8 of an inch (2.3 cm) in diameter. Weight of 9.5 grams (6.1 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Very good for their age and type with original earring fittings still intact; one paste replaced; minor edge wear and light scratching to stones visible if viewed with magnification.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.