Art Deco Jones & Woodland Bloodstone Ring
According to the book The Glitter & The Gold by Dietz et al, in the 1890s the jewelry designing and manufacturing company Jones & Woodland Co. of Newark, New Jersey specialized in rings for both men and women. Quite innovative for the time, the firm "changed ring designs and stone colors annually" to keep up with ever-changing fashions and to create new trends for the jewelry world. In addition, the immortal Tiffany & Co. contracted with the company to manufacture most of its higher-end class rings for such institutions as West Point and the U.S. Naval Academy.
Strikingly handsome in the artistry for which the company is known, the large and bold 14k yellow gold ring displays strong geometry with superb lines and well-balanced and contrasting symmetry reflective of the beginning years of the Art Deco movement. Set within the masculine mount is an oval bloodstone approximately 12 mm by 9 mm in dimension. Hand engraved to the interior is "FLM or FIM to JBB".
Date: Circa 1920.
Measurements: 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/8 of an inch (0.3 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 8.9 grams (5.7 dwt).
Ring Size: US 8-1/4 (UK Q; Int. Dia. 18.5; Euro 58 mm; Japan just over 16) and can be easily sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: ï¿½14kï¿½; maker's mark for Jones & Woodland
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.