Victorian Carved Agate & Pearl Brooch
Banded agate has been masterfully carved in the realistic manner of a sea shell. The hard stone has been set in a 14k yellow gold coronet pendant mount with an open work under-gallery accented with a scalloped design. The top edge of the mount has been embellished with twenty-two (22) tiny rose cut diamonds of an estimated .25 carat total weight.
The top of the pendant has been “crowned” with a pair of silver scrolls set with additional rose cut diamonds and a diamond-encrusted silver dangle with a natural pearl (untested buy assumed natural due to age and examination). In all, seventeen (17) rose cut diamonds appoint the pearl with a diameter of more than 6 mm.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.6 cm) in length including bale by 1-1/8 inches (2.9 cm) in width. Weight of 10.2 grams (6.6 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; one diamond replaced; one tiny chip to agate edge visible with magnification.
Note: Diamonds have not been removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. All diamond weights have been approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.