Edwardian Bohemian Garnet Festoon Necklace
Taking the name from the region of Bohemia in the Czech Republic, Bohemian garnets have a fiery dark-hued claret color. Typically the stones are set very close with very little metal exposed. Earlier pieces from the late 19th century were set closed back and foiled; those after 1900, such as this 1910 example are open backed.
Designed as a festoon necklace, the faceted pyrope garnets have been placed in the traditional patterns of star and floral shapes and clusters. The unusual “sea horse” or modified “S” configuration provides a lovely sense of balance and symmetry for the vermeil (silver gilt) period piece.
Measurements: 17-9/16 inches (44.7 cm) in total length with a center drop of 1-3/4 inches (4.5 cm). Flower to flower for drop area is 2 3/4 inches (6.8 cm) in length. Weight of 21.9 grams (14.1 dwt).
Date & Origin: Circa 1910 and is European in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.