17th C. Poesy Ring: "Yours In Heart Till Death Depart'
Poesy rings typically take on a simple appearance yet are so complex in their meaning. Initially worn during the Middle Ages, their greatest popularity was the 16th through the 17th century when sonnets and poesies were written and exchanged between lovers.
This 17th century ring of 14k yellow gold was a find unearthed from the terra firma of England. The poignant saying, engraved in italicized script to the interior is “yours in heart till death depart” and is still encrusted with the soil in which it lay undisturbed for centuries. If desired, we are happy to remove the soil.
The ring is accompanied with a letter from the Finds Liaison Officer of Herefordshire and Shropshire with additional notes from the British Museum. The letter dates the ring circa mid 17th century to 1730.
Measurements: 1/8 of an inch (0.3 cm) in width. Weight of 4.9 grams (3.2 dwt).
Ring Size: US 7-3/4 (UK P; Int. Dia. 18; Euro 56.3 mm; Japan 16) and can be easily sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Very good for this age and type of unearthed find. Some scuffing, a few tiny nicks and one surface flaw (see photos). We have chosen to leave as found but can be buffed out if desired.
Date & Origin: Circa 1650 – 1730 and is English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.