Cherished Memories: Ornate Victorian Locket
Although typical with its oval shape and quite august in both size and weight, this double box or picture locket circa 1880 has an unusual scalloped perimeter embellished with silver orbs in the manner of archaeological jewelry of the period.
Beautiful applied twisted wire work creates arched rows of designs including tulip flowerheads, concentric half-circles and small rosettes on the north and south sections of the piece. In addition, a smooth arch of rose gold and an engraved shell motif accents the wire work. Remarkable engraved images of birds in flight chasing several windblown leaves appoint the front. The interior reveals the two compartments replete with rims to embrace your cherished photographic memories.
Measurements: 2-7/16 of an inch (6.2 cm) in length including bale by 1-1/2 inches (3.9 cm) in width. Weight of 31.1 grams (20.0 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; soldered top "O" fitting slightly dented – visible with close inspection if top oval large "O" fitting is moved to one side.
Date & Origin: Circa 1880 and is most likely English in origin.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.