Vintage Advantage in a 20th C. Diamond Ring
How can .90 carats of diamonds look like 5 carats? With a flick of the wrist and the ingenious illusion setting invented in the mid 1800s by Oscar Massin. Originally termed “monture illusion”, diamonds are set in collets with their edges shaped or bent around the stones in such a manner that the stones are perceived as larger.
Wonderfully demonstrated in a real-life example, thirty-one (31) single cut diamonds of an estimated .90 carats have been set in a 14k white gold navette shaped mount. With each diamond encased in white gold and set closely together, this 20th century ring is viewed as one grand reflective surface of sparkling diamonds.
Measurements: 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in length north to south on the hand by 7/16 of an inch (1.1 cm) in width and rises 1/4 of an inch (0.5 cm) in height from the finger. Weight of 4.2 grams (2.6 dwt).
Ring Size: US 9-3/4 (UK T; Int. Dia. 19.5; Euro 61.5 mm; Japan 19.5) and can be easily sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: “14k”; maker’s mark of “CK”.
Date & Origin: Mid to later 20th century and is American in origin.
Note: Diamonds have not been removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. All diamond weights have been approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.