Art Deco Bird in Flight Brooch
The Art Deco period brought with it color and more color. The Jazz Age cognoscenti favored red or coral tones, greens, blues and blacks. That preference is realized in a stylized bird in flight motif adorned with vivid cobalt blue enamel, a strong deep maroon red and loads of tiny faceted marcasites or pyrite – another favorite of the era with their steely glinting surface found in all manner of jewelry of the 1920s.
Measurements: 3/4 of an inch (2 cm) in length by 2 inches (5 cm) in width. Weight of 7.4 grams (4.7 dwt).
Hallmarks: Worn silver mark, possible 850 or 950.
Condition: Excellent; reinforcement to safety clasp; tiny edge chipping to enamel in a few spots visible with magnification.
Date & Origin: Circa 1925 and is European in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.