Love Disarmed - Eros & Psyche Locket
Nicely sized, a fabulous double box photo locket of sterling silver illustrates an example of the celebrate imagery incorporated by the artists of the Art Nouveau period. Both the well known American Art Nouveau jewelry manufacturer, the Unger Brothers and Reed & Barton, pre-eminent in the retail of flatware have employed this motif extensively.
Expressed in high relief is a raised representation of Eros (Cupid) and Psyche engaged in an allegorical embrace and kiss. Eros, one of the first mythologized deities is often depicted as he is here as a winged boy. The pair are enfolded within stylized clouds, details of their faces clearly demarcated and crowned with a hallmark coif of the style period. On the reverse ornate initials “EH” have been hand engraved in flowery italicized script.
Measurements: 1-13/16 of an inch (4.5 cm) in length including bale by 1-1/2 inches (3.7 cm) in width.
Weight of 16.4 grams (10.5 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; inner plastic now missing and replaced with modern plastic inserts.
Date & Origin: Circa 1900 and is most likely American in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.