Tempting Edwardian Guilloché Enamel Locket
Guilloché is a decorative technique in which a pattern or design is engraved into a metal surface. This engine turned engraving is then covered with enamel. How much of the design is seen is dependent upon the degree of opaqueness or transparency of the applied enamel.
Plum-hued enamel has this Edwardian photo locket one among many. The intricate engine turned pattern is like a chrysanthemum flower bursting forth in three-dimensional perspective. A scalloped garland of gold accented with dots provides a fitting frame for the edible flower. The plum color has this locket looking so delicious that you may have to resist the temptation to taste it. The locket is crafted of silver with a vermeil (gold over silver) interior.
Measurements: 1-5/8 inches in length (3.6 cm) including bale by 1-3/16 inches (3 cm) in width. Weight of 16.3 grams (10.5 dwt).
Hallmarks: “925”; unidentified maker's mark and the number 10 to the interior; illegible marks to the top original "O" fitting.
Condition: Excellent; later “O” ring is worn with a few scratches. Light wear to the gold gilt around the edges.
Date & Origin: Circa 1900 and is European in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.