Atypical Victorian Diamond Set Locket
The lockets of the late 19th century were characteristically small in size and oval in shape. Here we have quite a departure (and a spectacular one at that) from the typical design.
The navette form itself is striking only to be trumped by 14k green and rose gold flowers, stems and leaves done in high relief. The three-dimensional foliate design is dotted with one (1) single cut and three (3) old mine cut diamonds set in high collar crimped bezels. An engraved zigzag or saw-tooth pattern set within a cartouche follows the perimeter of the marquise configuration.
The reverse of the 14k yellow gold locket bears the same saw-tooth design along the outer edge and contains within the initials “ARB” engraved in fancy Gothic script. The interior can easily hold a photo or two or even a small keepsake.
Measurements: 1-3/4 inches (4.5 cm) in total length including bale; 1-3/8 inches (2.3 cm) in width by 7/8 of an inch (2.3 cm) in width by 7/16 of an inch (1 cm) in depth including flowers. Weight of 12.2 grams (7.8 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; medium overall even wear to reverse; one glass cover deficient and replaced with plastic.
Date: Circa 1890.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.