Fab Forties: Vintage Gold Slide Bracelet
During the 19th century ornamented slides on chains were used to change the neckline drape. With the war taking its toll on the economy, clever jewelry designers began “recycling” these bits and pieces from times past by stringing a variety of these slides together to create a most festive bracelet.
This superb example circa 1940 far outshines many of the bracelets that The Three Graces has had the occasion to see. Of 14k gold with just a touch of rose, the bracelet has two rows of slides decorative slides, each different and individually marked 14k. All set with a variety of gems, three of the twenty-one (21) slides are double sized with one as the clasp.
Glittering, colorful and sparkling, coral, turquoise, garnet, bloodstone, moonstone, chrysoprase, aquamarine, pearls amethyst, opal, carnelian, sodalite and amazonite add their sense of glamour to an already glamorous fabulous forties vintage bracelet. A hidden box clasp as well as a safety chain secures the bracelet.
Measurements: 7-3/8 inches (18.7 cm) in length when worn. Width of the largest slide is 1 inch (2.5 cm); smaller slides average more or less 3/8 of an inch (0.9 cm) in width. Weight of 60.7 grams (39.0 dwt).
Hallmarks: “14k” to all links and clasp.
Condition: Excellent; one or two pearls possibly replaced.
Date & Origin: Circa 1940 and is American in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.