Edwardian Splendor: Enamel Diamond Set Rose Brooch
Representing a Rosa centifolia or provence rose, this “hundred petaled” blossom is a complex hybrid was bred between the 17th and 19th century by Dutch flower developers. The 19th century loved this Rose de Mai and used it for a symbol as the ambassador of love. Enamel brooches, such as the one illustrated here were enormously popular at the turn of the 20th century Belle Époque and beyond. This example is manufactured by the D. De W. Brokaw New York jewelry firm.
Rendered in 14k yellow gold and royal purple enamel, this very fragrant ambassador of love brooch is adorned with an old European cut diamond center of about .30 carats for just the right touch of sparkle and glitter.
Measurements: 1 inch (2.5 cm) in length by 1-1/16 inches (2.6 cm) in width. Weigh of 7.4 grams (4.7 dwt).
Hallmarks: 14k; two acorns for maker D. De W. Brokaw.
Date & Origin: 1915 and is American in origin.
Note: Diamond has not been removed from mount to preserve the integrity of the setting. Diamond weight has been approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weight.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.