Silver Victorian Bangle with Exotic Animals
England of the 1800s was a hotbed of change. The Industrial Revolution had taken hold and Darwinism was “rampant” shaking the very roots of the dominant beliefs held at the time. From this “chaos” arose a philosophy of naturalism in which interest and curiosity about detailed and factual descriptions of the natural world took Victorian England by storm. Consequently it is no stretch of the imagination to see an impact of this change on the design of jewelry of the period.
Realized in the form of a hinged silver bangle bracelet is a mini diorama of “the wild”. No matter if the scene represented the African continent or the unknown jungles of South America, it was exotic. The very unusual (and unexpected) subject matter of a contest between an ibex and a lion seems to come to life with the use of raised images of the animals. The background, lush with hand engraved brush, foliage and palm trees places these beasts in an exciting and previously unknown setting. Lions and tigers and bears…oh my.
Measurements: Width is 1 inch (2.5 cm) and will fit a wrist of 6 to 6 3/4 inches or a bit more. Weight of 26 grams (16.7 dwt).
Condition: Very good; a bit of light wear to reverse.
Date & Origin: Circa 1880 and is most likely English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.