Victorian Era Tweet: Gem-set Bird Ring
This stylized bird on a branch ring is part of the genre of novelty jewelry which became all the rage during the later part of the Victorian era. With whimsy and naturalism at its peak, brooches, rings and pendants reflected the movement of the culture and annotated its subject matter in the guise of precious metals and gems.
Here in all its delightful nonsense is a circa 1880 avian tweeting out its heart the Victorian way. The silver-topped yellow gold birdy perched on a branch is encrusted with twenty-three (23) rose cut diamonds and has a ruby set upon his throat and chest. Tiny garnet cabochon set eyes are all ablaze as his little yellow gold beak opens to extol nature with his dulcet tones. Sweet golden feet grasp a golden bough to steady the wonderful fella as he completes his aria to the world. A shank of 18k yellow gold wraps the finger is simplicity.
Measurements: 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/8 of an inch (0.3 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 3.2 grams (2.1 dwt).
Ring Size: US 6 (UK L-1/2; Int. Dia. 16.5; Euro 51.5 mm; Japan 11) and can be easily sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: Illegible hallmark.
Condition: Very good; later shank professionally replaced.
Date & Origin: Circa 1880 for the bird, later shank.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.