Edwardian Blue Morpho Butterfly Pendant
The wings of butterflies have been used in jewelry since the early 1800s and became even more popular during the late Victorian and early Edwardian eras as well as again emerging as a fashionable trend of the 1920s and 1930s.
Within a two sided glass-covered surround of gilt metal and upon a bed of mother-of-pearl rests a preserved Blue Morpho butterfly with dorsal wings spread in all its iridescent blues and subtle greens. Reverse the pendant and the soft brown, bronze and orange colors of the ventral or underside displays the distinctive pattern of ocelli or “eyespots” Sprigs of dried flowers of gardens past join the Blue Morpho in a never ending adventure of sunlight bright.
Measurements: 1-5/8 inches in length including bale by 1-1/16 inches (2.6 cm) in width. Weight of 3.4 grams (2.2 dwt).
Condition: Very good; blue dorsal side of butterfly slightly off axis; a tad bit of light dust inside the glass (please see large photographs).
Date: Circa 1900.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.