Iberian Treasure: Georgian Table Cut Diamond Earrings
Ever distinctive, jewelry from the Iberian Peninsular takes its place far from traditional European pieces. Although “classic” in its chandelier or girandole configuration and closed back settings, these 18k rose gold earrings from circa 1800 display the characteristic “flatter” design found in pieces from Spain and Portugal more so that their Georgian English or Continental counterparts.
The diamonds in this pair of earrings have been cut in the earlier manner we typically see represented in antique paintings – table cuts and rose cuts. Appearing almost slate in color from some angles, these gems have a glint and undercurrent of electricity. Placed into finely constructed gold work, the foiled closed back diamonds (10 in each earring) with plain rub over bezels are set with a double open ballerina skirt gallery. Unlike other earrings of the era, these are superbly wearable in size and weight.
Measurements: 1 inch (2.5 cm) in length by 3/4 of an inch (1.8 cm) at widest. Weight of 6.5 grams (4.2 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent for their age. Later replaced but period style ear wires of 14k gold; minute solder restoration at top of surmount visible with a loupe or upon very close inspection.
Date & Origin: Circa 1800 and is Spanish or Portuguese in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.