Victorian Cushion Cut Diamond Pendant
Cushion cut diamonds, quite popular in the 19th century are a rarity today. Full of character and prized for brilliance, this large open culet stone is cut with a more rectangular shape and larger facets that have rounded corners.
A showstopper of a cushion cut diamond of about .65 carats (I-J color; SI2-3 clarity) is the main attraction of this circa 1880 pendant. The diamond rests within a silver quatrefoil bezel and is surrounded by a total of twenty (20) rose cut diamonds. The visually interesting perimeter is edged with ten (10) of the diamonds within silver trefoil motifs punctuated with ten (10) more set in rosette collets of rose gold.
Measurements: 3/4 of an inch (2 cm) in length including bale by 1/2 of an inch (1.3 cm) in width. Weight of 2.1 grams (1.4 dwt).
Hallmarks: 925 on bale.
Condition: Very good to excellent; later added silver bale; some slight variation to silver surface on reverse; old remains of original fitting seen only on reverse; few minute chips to diamond visible with magnification.
Date: Circa 1880 for pendant; modern bale.
Note: Diamond has not been removed from mount to preserve the integrity of the setting. Diamond weight has been approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weight. Grading has been done in situ and may vary if stone is removed.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.