Not the Usual Victorian Bohemian Garnet Necklace
It was during the reign of Queen Victoria when Bohemian garnet jewelry developed what came to be expected as its characteristic form where garnets entirely dominated the metal setting. In earlier examples, such as this one the garnets are traditionally foiled and set closed back in rose gold over silver – sometimes referred to as “garnet gold”.
Delightful star pattern clusters of these dark claret-hued garnets (pyrope garnets) set close together display a deep inner glow of fire and a bright and shimmering intensity. Smaller floral cluster transcend into larger star pattern links with garnets cut into atypical leaf shapes rather than the prevailing design of tiers of round cuts stones. A lovely garnet bejeweled rectangular tongue and groove clasp finishes the piece.
Measurements: 14-1/2 inches (36.8 cm) in total length by 1-3/16 inches (3.2 cm) at the widest. Smallest floral detail is 3/8 of an inch (1 cm) in width. This necklace will fit most necks but is a bit shorter; chain could be added to each end to lengthen if needed. Weight of 31.0 grams (19.9 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; one side has eight small cluster links and the other has seven causing clasp sits slightly off center at back of neck.
Date & Origin: Circa 1880 and is European in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.