American Art Nouveau Pearl & Enamel Brooch
Newark, New Jersey was the pre-eminent manufacturing hub for American Art Nouveau jewelry with Henry Blank & Co. as a central component as one of the few firms making jewelry with plique a jour enameling. The firm created pieces for the wholesale trade as well as custom designs for such famous institutions as Neiman Marcus, Tiffany & Co. and Grant A. Peacock.
In quintessential Art Nouveau style, this 14k yellow gold brooch combines the organic sensuality and natural rhythmic sensibility of the movement with a flowing design of a three-leaf brooch ornamented with soft pastel pearlescent enameling and a half natural pearl (assumed natural due to age and visual examination).
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.1 cm) in width by 3.4 of an inch (2 cm) in height. Weight of 3.5 grams (2.2 dwt).
Hallmarks: Maker's mark of Henry Blank & Co.
Date & Origin: Circa 1900 and is American in origin.
Historical Notes: The original firm was formed as a jewelry manufacturer in 1890 as N.E. Whiteside & Co and was renamed Whiteside and Blank in 1903. In 1900 the name of the firm was changed to Whiteside & Blank and again changed in 1917 to Henry Blank Co.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.