Snow Fall - Georgian Pavé Paste Earrings
During the Georgian era people fell into one of two social classes: the moneyed aristocracy and the poor. Although there was an emerging merchant middle class, the gap between the classes was wide and the culture reflected such. The affluent, both male and female wore rich brocades, silks, velvets and satins and were adorned with braid, embroidery, and of course jewels. Opulence and self-indulgence were the catch words of the day.
Even the buttons on clothing glittered. Here we have an example of a pair of Georgian period earrings which in all probability started out life as waistcoat buttons. All original, superb white pastes, shimmering and even in color have been foiled and pavé set closed back in silver. Wondrous pie shaped pastes have been placed in the center around a small round paste. A surround of eighteen (18) round cut pastes line the perimeter edge. The characteristic crimped silver setting is displayed most clearly on the slightly bulbous reverse.
Measurements: 1-3/8 inches (3.0 cm) in total length including ear wires; button is 1 inch (2.4 cm) in diameter. Weight of 45.4 grams (9.9 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent for the buttons; light edge wear to some facets; later modern 14k ear wires.
Date: Circa 1780.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.