Striking Essex Crystal of Boxer Dog Pin
The Boxer dog breed was brought to the United States around the beginning of the 20th century. The Deutscher Boxer Club established a breed standard for Boxers and the American Kennel Club (AKC) approved them for registration in 1904. The first Boxer Championship was awarded in 1915.
Perhaps this 14k yellow gold bar pin mounted with an Essex crystal of a Boxer is in homage to that championship award. No matter as the canine featured is as handsome as handsome can be and well represents the standards.
A right profile has been carved as an intaglio on the flat side of a rock crystal cabochon. The chiseled features, erect ears and dark brown eyes aptly convey the intelligence and watchfulness desired in the breed. Hand painted, the coloring is subtle and superbly realistic and adds to the three-dimensional trompe l’oeil effect enhanced by the mother-of-pearl backing. The Essex crystal is set within a circular 14k yellow gold mount atop a gold bar pin.
Measurements: 1-7/8 inches (4.8 cm) in length by 9/16 of an inch (1.5 cm) at the widest. Weight of 5.4 grams (3.5 dwt).
Date & Origin: Circa 1910 – 1920 and is American in origin.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.