Edwardian Garnet Tortoise Shell Combs
Often neglected to be included into the definition of jewelry, for eons women (as well as men) have been ornamenting their locks with hair accessories ranging in materials from sea shells to wood to flowers to jewel encrusted precious metals. At times signifying social status or rank, in some cultures hair ornamentation was used as a means of communicating the marriage status of an individual.
Perfect for display or for wear, these Edwardian era tortoise shell hair combs or to be more precise, hair pins (having only two teeth) are each decorated in floral motif with fifty-two (52) flat and fancy cut pyropes or Bohemian garnets set into a 9 to 10k rose gold hinge. The rich wine hues of the gems show as vibrant and beautiful and not at all “inky” in coloration and are complimented by the warm tones of the rose gold.
Measurements: 3-1/2 inches (9 cm) in length; garnet area is 2-3/8 inches (6 cm) at the longest and averages 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 17.2 grams (11.1 dwt) for the pair.
Date: Circa 1900.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.