Victorian Era 18k Gold Mizpah Ring
The very human emotions of love and sorrow have played a significant role in the history of jewelry. Ranging from acrostic rings with gems that spell out declarations of an amatory nature to those pieces of memento mori that remind us of the finite nature of life, these and others are known as sentimental jewelry.
Perhaps one of the more poignant examples is that of the mizpah ring. Markedly popular during the Victorian and early Edwardian eras, this type of ring was given and worn when close relatives or lovers were about to be separated, often by catastrophic events such as war.
Characteristically broad in width, this mid Victorian period Mizpah ring is constructed of solid 18k yellow gold. In graduated size, the block capital letters of M I Z P A H, embellished with serif accents have been applied to the surface of the band in a sentimental statement of the bond of love.
Measurements: Just shy of 5/16 of an inch (0.7 cm) at the widest and is 1/8 of an inch (0.3 cm) in width at the back. Weight of 2.9 grams (1.9 dwt).
Ring Size: US 7-1/2 (UK) 3/4; Euro 17.75; 56 mm) and can be easily sized. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: Maker's mark “B&H”; 18 ct (for 18k).
Date & Origin: Circa 1870 – 1880 and is English in origin.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.