Anglo-Indian Portrait Miniature Silver Cufflinks
Portrait miniatures are long a tradition in India. Whether illustrating a manuscript or depicting a royal raja and rani, these precise miniatures were typically watercolor on ivory. A school of art emerged during the late 1800s which embraced both the cultural heritage of India and the impact that the British East India Company had on the populace – “The Company School”.
This pair of oval double sided silver cufflinks incorporates the rendering of two famous buildings of India. Executed in watercolor assumed on ivory is the depiction of the magnificent Taj Mahal and what may be the Tomb of Safdarjung - a garden tomb in a marble mausoleum built in 1754 in Delhi. All of the portraits are mounted under glass.
Measurements: Each miniature is 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) by 1/2 of an inch (1.3 cm). Weight of 6.4 grams (4.1 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Very good; light wear; glass has some very minor surface scratches. Link connectors appear to be handmade.
Date & Origin: Circa 1900 and is Indian in origin.
Note: Due to new California state law, we are unable to ship this item to a California location.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.