Victorian Micro Mosaic Brooch - Rome
Purveyors of fine micro mosaics ultimately seek those created by Italian artisans. With a history of centuries of the art, there is no question that the finest originated from Italy.
Here we have an exceedingly fine quality example of a landmark building in Rome, that of the Basilica of St. Peter. Rendered in the same level of Renaissance style as the original, the image depicts “San Pietro in Vaticano” in all its 16th century glory.
Thousands of tiny multi-colored tiles form the image which has been set into a base of gold stone with beveled edges and then into a brooch mount of 14k rose gold with the original tube hinge, pin and “C” clasp.
Measurements: 1-11/16 inches (4.4 cm) in length by 1-7/16 inches (3.6 cm) in height. Weight of 22.9 grams (14.7 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; some tiny round pits in the gold stone if viewed with magnification; one small area of a tessera slightly pushed in; on one edge tiny bit of grout missing and visible with a loupe.
Date & Origin: Circa 1860 and is Italian in origin.
Overall Scale: Medium to large.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.