Art Deco Peacock Paste Brooch
Although the peacock motif was initially associated with Art & Crafts designer Charles Ashbee, Louis Tiffany incorporated the design into any number of his pieces well into the era of Art Deco.
This Art Deco brooch of a stylized peacock clearly displays why the bird is used to symbolize beauty and dignity. Crafted in silver with feathers ornamented with colorful paste stones of bright green, iridescent blue, amber, old gold and clear, the head and neck have been richly enameled with deep colors of Tiffany blue-green, old gold and a three-pronged red crest atop its head. The body sparkles with a pavé of iridescent blue pastes and little silver bird legs pop right out. Express yourself with this display of vibrant color.
Measurements: 1-7/16 inches (3.6 cm) in length by 1-5/8 inches (4.1 cm) in width. Weight of 17.5 grams (11.2 dwt).
Hallmarks: 935; maker’s mark “JT”.
Date & Origin: Circa 1920 and is American in origin.
Overall Scale: Medium
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.