Victorian Sparkle in a Diamond Bangle
Wide gold bangles were the preferred fashion during the mid Victorian era through the early 1890s. Ornamented in a multitude of ways, jewelers used a variety of decoration ranging from enamel to a central plaque either jeweled or set with a cameo.
The designer of this particular example availed himself of the splendor of diamonds, 15k yellow gold and a simple yet tasteful style. A cluster arrangement of nine (9) rose cut diamonds forms a central focal point of the hinged bracelet. Flanking the flower cluster elongated triangles of polished gold within which a smaller replicate encloses four (4) more rose cuts in graduating size.
Although the total estimated diamond weight is .50 carats, visually the gems appear to look more like 1 carat. The secret lies in that rose cuts have a flat bottom and are often half the weight of a full cut diamond. What a wonderful way to “get that look without that price”.
Measurements: 1/2 of an inch (1.2 cm) in width and will fit a wrist up to about 7-1/2 inches. Weight of 18.9 grams (12.1 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; light wear as expected with age and use.
Date: Circa 1890
Overall Scale: Small to medium
Note: All diamond weights are approximate as the stones have not been removed in order to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.