18th C. Iberian Acorn Earrings
Although some of the earrings of the Georgian era were long, very few could rival the astonishingly lengthy earrings of Spain and Portugal. In the extreme fashion of the area a number of these earrings extended from the ear lobe to the shoulder (and sometimes even longer).
This pair of resplendent earrings from the Iberian Peninsula incorporates the traditional three-element pendeloque design of surmount, bow and elongated drop. Although not as long as some of the extremes, this particular earring is quite lengthy and is rather cumbrous on the ear yet striking in its appearance. A marvelous open work flower motif surmount suspends a pierced gilt metal abstract ribbon bow. An unusual acorn form takes the role of the pendant drop.
Measurements: 3-1/2 inches (8.9 cm) in length by 1-3/16 inches (2.9 cm) in width. Weight of 32.0 grams (20.6 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Very good; some loss of gilding throughout with metal showing as dark silvery gray colored specs especially in crevices and edges; to the reverse a repair to one top surmount.
Date & Origin: Circa 1780 and is most likely from the Iberian Peninsula.
Overall Scale: Very long and large.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.