Antique Gold Poesy Ring
Only the very wealthy could afford to have high carat gold rings such as this example of 22k or higher yellow gold. Poesy rings, though used during the medieval period achieved the most popularity during the 16th and 18th century. The rings of the Middle Ages were more likely to be engraved on the outside of the band; the later ones on the interior and more often to be an expression of love.
This simple band of high carat gold is symbolic of eternal love. The ring is inscribed to the interior in Italic script with this most poignant saying, “united hearts death only parts”. No more need be uttered.
Measurements: 1/8 of an inch (0.4 cm) in width north to south on the hand. Weight of 4.7 grams (3.0 dwt).
Ring Size: US 9 (UK R-1/2; Euro 19, 60 mm). Our team of expert jewelers can size the ring to some degree and have the poesy remain intact.
Condition: Good; some light wear to inside inscription which has softened slightly but is still clear and legible; general light wear to the exterior commensurate with age and use.
Date & Origin: Circa early to mid 18th century and is English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.