Scarce Horn Bee Brooch by Flamand
In a very real sense the artists and designers active during Art Nouveau era can be referred to as “Renaissance men” as the manner in which their art was manifested was quite varied. For example, Georges Flamand was a noted sculptor of magnificent bronzes yet delighted in the design and fabrication of small pieces of jewelry crafted from less traditional materials.
Here is amazing skills have been focused on the representation of a simple honey bee using natural horn as his medium of expression. This piece employs horn with very scarce coloration of vivid amber and sepia hues and fiery shades of poppy and daisy orange. The display of apparent three-dimensionality from a relatively flat piece and carved realism is a testament to and characteristic of the skill of Flamand.
Measurements: 2-1/16 inches (5.3 cm) in length by 2-1/4 inches in width (5.7 cm). Weight of 4.2 grams (2.7 dwt).
Hallmarks: Flamand impressed on the reverse.
Date & Origin: Circa 1900 and is French in origin.
Overall Scale: Medium
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.