19th C Garnet & Chrysoberyl Bracelet
The mid-19th century presented a great deal of jewelry impacted by motifs such as the Algerian love knot as well as intertwining ribbon-like elements found in both English and Scottish pieces. The era was enamored with carbuncles (almandine garnets but was giving way to pyrope (Bohemian) garnets as in this fine example.
Although the use of the chrysoberyl in jewelry was coming to an end, here a combination of the pale yellow green chrysoberyl with a rich claret colored garnet is quite appealing. Set on an 18k yellow gold flexible bracelet is a central panel consisting of an oval cabochon pyrope garnet bezel with a surround of fourteen (14) chrysoberyls upon an Algerian love knot. Applied wire work appoints the central panel.
Adjustable to almost any size wrist, the flexible gold bracelet is comprised of superb links of mesh with herringbone ends and fine vertical gold elements woven together. To tighten or loosen merely move the triangular garnet-set element on the end. The bracelet is accompanied by the original red leather fitted box with green velvet interior.
Measurements: 8-3/8 inches (21.4 cm) in length. Weight of 29.6 grams (19.0 dwt).
Condition: Bracelet is mint; box is very good with some light staining to interior and light wear overall commensurate to age and use.
Date & Origin: Circa 1850 - 1860 and is English in origin.
Overall Scale: Medium
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.