Victorian Rose Gold Diamond Earrings
It seems that the Victorian era was overrun with emotion - be it the joys of romance or the somber moments of loss. Yet the naturalistic theme in jewelry continued to flourish through the end of the 19th century and well beyond.
Smaller and more restrained than their predecessors of the previous decades, turn-of-the-century Victorian earrings such as this example kept a low profile and were often ornamented with a small diamond or a single pearl. Designed with a typical flower head shape, each of these 18k rose gold earrings is claw set with an old mine cut diamond of about .35 carats (color H-I; clarity SI) for a total estimated diamond weight of .70 carats for the pair.
A scalloped perimeter design allows for rose gold orbs to alternate with the flower "petals" and adds to the three-dimensional tier effect. Back to front ear wires permit ease of wear and increased safety.
Measurements: 13/16 of an inch (2.1 cm) in length by 1/2 of an inch (1.3 cm) in width. This pair of antique earrings gas a weight of 4.6 grams (2.9 dwt).
Hallmarks: Unidentified European hallmarks.
Condition: Excellent; a tad bit of edge wear to one diamond.
Date: Circa 1900
Overall Scale: Small
Note: All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate as the stones have not been removed in order to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.