Antique Pansy & Forget Me Not Locket
Flower symbolism was everywhere during the 19th century—pure romance to receive a coded message in the form of a bouquet or flowers or a small jewel.
This splendid end-of-the-century 14k yellow gold locket unveils unspoken sentiments of adoration with a gorgeous multi-hued lavender enamel pansy flower with a small old mine cut diamond center. Beneath is a wreath of pastel blue enamel “forget-me-nots” punctuated by small gold bead centers and accented with a twisted gold rope border.
The double box locket has a removable glass covered insert and room for two photos, curl of hair or other memento. On the back is a beautifully engraved monogram of the scripted initials “IB” or “JB”.
Date: Circa 1890.
Measurements: 1-9/16 of an inch (4 cm) in diameter. This antique locket has a weight of 20.4 grams (13.1 dwt).
Hallmarks: 14 karat; unknown maker’s mark.
Condition: Excellent; light wear to the reverse and one small indention on the reverse. One glass cover inside has now been replaced with plastic; some small enamel restoration to the pansy petals visible with a loupe only.
Origin: American in origin.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.