Edwardian Festival: Festoon Necklace in Paste
The festoon necklace has had more than one reign of popularity. Whether the apex was the Georgian era or that of the Edwardian period, its delicacy and femininity goes uncontested. Adorning the décolletage of the wealthy lady aristocrats in the painted portraits lining the walls and corridors of every museum of fine art, the bejeweled festoon necklace is often featured.
Appropriate for a night at the opera or an elegant intimate dinner, the neck is draped in waves of shimmer and radiance from an expanse of white pastes punctuated by three flowers of white paste petals with a deep amethyst-colored center paste separated by a pair of classically style bows. A quartet of floral and leaf elements ebb and flow with a continuation of white pastes. A faux pearl or glass drop in the guise of a Loddon lily or leucojum aptly finishes the symmetry and balance of this refined neck piece.
Measurements: 16-1/4 inches (41.4 cm) in length. The paste area is 3-5/8 inches (14.4 cm) in length; each festoon has a drape of ¾ of an inch (21. cm). This antique necklace has a weight of 19.9 grams (12.8 dwt).
Hallmarks: 925 (for sterling silver) and another indistinct hallmark.
Date: Circa 1900.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.