Georgian Paste & Turquoise Colored Button Earrings
The concept of “being green” and recycling is not just a recent innovation of the last several decades. Quite often when pieces of jewelry fell out of favor during the Georgian era, they were “converted” or the materials in the jewel re-used in the crafting of a new more fashionable piece.
Here we have a great pair of early 19th century earrings that began life as cuff or a similar type of button. The cluster form, so beloved in jewelry is realized in turquoise glass and clear sparkling pastes foiled and set closed back into a traditional silver setting, Modern day 14k yellow gold ear wires have been added to transform the humble button into a pair of smashing antique earrings.
Measurements: 13/16 of an inch (2.1 cm) in length by 5/8 of an inch (1.5 cm) at the widest 1/4 of an inch (0.6 cm) in depth. This pair of antique earrings has a weight of 4.9 grams (3.2 dwt).
Condition: Very good; modern 14k yellow gold ear wires; back has been polished a bit; one clear paste is chipped on one edge and some have very light wear visible with magnification.
Date & Origin: Circa 1810 – 1820 and is possibly English in origin.
Overall Scale: Small to medium
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.