Antique French Neoclassical Revival Locket
The late 19th century was awash in what may be termed design revival. From 1890 through 1920 style turned towards classical ideals in both the decorative and fine arts. Referred to as neoclassical revivalism, the focus was now on simplicity with harmony and symmetry of line. There is a school of thought which holds that neoclassical revival began in France with Napoleon’s penchant for cameos and carved stones. No matter, as the French have always been far more florid than their English brethren.
Simplicity of line with austerity of composition clearly defines this circa 1900 gold locket. Two panes of faceted glass are banded with an 18k yellow gold frame. Hexagonal in shape, the gold perimeter is reeded and appointed with gold work in the form of an X centered on each of the six sides. It has been cleverly designed to open with a twist of the top cum bezel to remove the glass and place photos inside.
Hallmarks: French marks on the top fitting.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.6 cm) in length by 1 inch (2.6 cm) in width by 3/16 of an inch (0.4 cm) in depth. This antique locket has a weight of 6 grams (3.8 dwt).
Date & Origin: Circa 1900 and is French in origin.
Overall Scale: Medium.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.