Fab Victorian Agate & Silver Buckle Bracelet
The buckled strap was a Victorian motif which denoted the Order of the Garter and the buckle bracelets of that era may be construed as representing that symbol. Different types of agate have been carved into treble undulating forms of complementary colored hard stones of smoky orange-brown, dark green, red-orange and brown and attached using pins and hinged links of silver.
Florid hand engraved geometric and foliate designs cover the surface of these links and as well as the ornately edged buckle. The fully adjustable bracelet incorporates chased linked medallions of silver as the end clasp and finished with three faceted silver orbs.
Condition: Very good; light wear commensurate with age and use; one small chip to underside of one agate; one link at the strap has a minutely dent.
Hallmarks: Reg Dec 15 1856, No. 3916, maker's mark of GU that is most likely George Unite.
Measurements: 10-1/8 inches (25.6 cm) in length but will fit most any wrist size as it is adjustable by 1- 3/8 inches (3.6 cm) at the widest part of the silver links and more than 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) at the buckle. This antique bracelet has a weight of 47.3 grams (34 dwt).
Date & Origin: Circa 1857 and is English in origin.
Overall Scale: Large
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.