Centuries Collide - Portrait Diamond Ring
One of the earliest diamond cuts dating back to the Renaissance was termed the portrait diamond. Yes, a diamond was polished in a flat plane just as a glass would be, often to cover a miniature painted portrait. Exceedingly rare, this is an example some 400 years later from the early 20th century.
A splendid and all out extravagance is wrapped in the form of a two (2) carat portrait diamond in a hexagonal shape with color of J and clarity VS2-SI1. The sides are beveled creating a rim of glinting decadence set into a mille grain border of platinum. Next are eighteen (18) old mine cut diamonds with .30 carats total diamond weight partnered with .20 carats of fancy cut deep and radiant green natural emeralds set into 18k yellow gold. The diamond areas are platinum topped and the shank is yellow gold.
Measurements: The top measures 11/16 of an inch (1.7 cm) by 5/8 of an inch (1.5 cm). This ring has a weight of 3.9 grams (2.6 dwt).Currently a size US 6- 3/4 (UK N; Euro 17.25, just over 54 mm) and easily sized by our jewelers.
Date: Circa 1925
Overall Scale: Medium
Note: All diamond and gemstone weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since the stones were not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.