Antique Poesy Ring - This and My Heart C. 1700
Traditionally English, the poesy (posey) ring is a band of gold inscribed with an aphorism, saying or thought-provoking poem. These rings have been dated to the Middle Ages and referred to as “resons”. During this period the inscription was typically found on the outside of the band or hoop. By the 15th century Renaissance, these jewels were termed poesy (posie) rings and the engraving or lettering was now hidden within the inside of the band and meant to be private and worn next to the skin of the finger.
Scarce now (and frequently reproduced), this type of ring is of high carat gold as in this example with the gold content over 22k yellow gold. Especially wide and heavy, this particular early 18th century poesy ring contains the fine and poignant saying of “This and My Heart” inscribed in Roman capital letters.
Condition: Good; overall wear to the exterior surface as commensurate with age and use.
Measurements: Just shy of 3/16 of an inch (0.46 cm) in width. This antique ring has a weight of 7.5 grams (4.8 dwt).
Size: US 7 (UK N-1/4; Euro 17.25. 55 mm). It is best not to size this ring but if desired our expert jewelers can do so.
Date & Origin: Circa 1700 and is English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.