Georgian Dog Motif Hardstone Cameo Ring
Cameos have been part of history for millennia. It is a relief carving of any number of different materials, such as shells or stones that represents various people, allegories, deities and other motifs. However, rare is the presentation of the solitary dog, particularly with no additional imagery. Moreover, it is unusual to come across cameos of this date and of the late Georgian period, intact and in its original mounts.
Here is variegated hardstone; the layers of color of the material have been expressively used to bring out the details of the limbs, head and other features. Trotting across the carnelian colored backdrop, the sprightly canine has been rendered in creams and browns. It is set into 15k to 16k rose gold with typical bezel and hand wrought gold work. The tapered sides are adorned with elongated shell motifs and beaded terminals and concludes with a reeded band.
Condition: Good; minute amount of wear to the dog's head; bezel has been scalloped between the claws after the ring was constructed.
Measurements: The cameo and bezel measures 11/16 of an inch (1.8 cm) north to south on the finger by 1/2 of an inch (1.3 cm) in width. This antique ring has a weight of 5.1 grams (3.3 dwt).
Size: US 7-3/4 (UK P; Euro 17.75, 56 mm). This ring can be sized by our team of jewelers. Ring sizing information.
Date; Circa 1810 - 1820
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.