Floral Shimmer - Old Mine Cut Diamond Earrings
Old mine diamonds are a cut of diamond used primarily in the 18th and 19th centuries. By the early 20th century its reign began to wane. With the advent of the bruting machine (which allowed a more precise cut), the old European cut replaced it. Yet fans of the old mine cut are ever strong as its character, life and warm sparkle cannot be matched.
A .07 carat diamond is the central element of each of these petite and delicate stud earrings (which have a total diamond estimated weight of .14 carats). The mount is a six-petal flower motif of 10k rose gold. The design allows small chambers of rippled gold that create a contrast between the icy diamonds, flat little strips of gold and the darker recessed areas.
Condition: Very good with the screw back earrings posts changed to regular posts.
Measurements: 5/16 of an inch (7.5 mm) in diameter. This pair of antique earrings has a weight of 1.3 grams not including the ear backs and 1.9 gram with backs.
Date: Circa 1900
Note: All diamond weights are approximate since the stones were not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.