Georgian Pavé Paste Button Earrings
Almost pure white and glistening with life when viewed in real time, these 18th century pavé paste grand stud earrings most likely started out life so long ago as buttons. Perhaps even as the buttons of a gentleman’s waistcoat! Dandyism was at its zenith and men were often ablaze with buttons or buckles on shoes and breeches and cuff buttons as well. While they photograph more silvery gray, the earrings are much livelier in person.
Most 18th century paste can be distinguished by its shaped pastes (not just round faceted stones) and in this instance, tear drops as well as the more traditional round shapes. Each has a black dot, a hallmark of fine paste. For additional information visit our Jewelry History section. All are set in a close knit wheel of shimmer; each is foiled behind and set closed back. A later date silver back has been added, as have 14k gold earring posts.
Condition: Excellent for the pastes, with a few tiny edge chips or wear. Backing is a
later date as are post ear wires.
Measurements: Diameter is 7/8 of an inch (2.2 cm) and is 5/16 of an inch (0.7 cm) in depth. This pair of antique earrings has a weight of 12.9 grams
Date & Origin: Circa 1780 - 1800 and is possibly French or English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.