Victorian Eye Agate Oval Brooch
Every agate is unique; even stones quarried from the same slab vary in color and design. Eye agates, a form of the banded agate, are especially enigmatic and hypnotic. The ancients often employed agates of this type for the eyes of statues of idols and deities. During the 19th century the agate was re-introduced into jewelry.
Right to the point, an eye agate has been cut en cabochon and formed into an oval. Bands of black, blue-white and brown-tinged black create a sense of vista when viewed directly from the top. Hand-wrought gilded metal base and pin fittings bring a delightful naïve and simple charm to this Victorian era brooch.
Condition: Very good; since pin stems is hand made its shape is not symmetrical; it is off axis a bit but when level when worn; agate is near mint.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.1 cm) in length by 7/8 of an inch (2.3 cm) in width by 5/8 of an inch (1.3 cm) deep including pin and 7/16 of an inch (0.9 cm) without. This antique brooch has a weight of 11.2 grams (7.2 dwt).
Date & Origin: Circa 1870 and is English or Scottish in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.