Antique Victorian Piqué Earrings
Medium length antique earrings are a fashion necessity; Victorian piqué work is the collector's must. All original from the ear wires to the “O” fittings, this late 19th century pair of earrings showcases quality craftsmanship of the decorative technique of inlaying strips of gold into natural tortoiseshell. Yellow gold of 6k comprises the ear fitting.
Perfectly round orbs of a dark bittersweet chocolately brown laced with swirls of translucent caramel are the surmounts ornamented with the popular star motif. Suspended from each of these celestial bodies is a tear-shaped pendant drop with a Greek key design and honeycomb patterns all in classic piqué posé of gold. The underside displays the gorgeous template of color and marking that only nature can provide.
Measurements: 1-3/4 inches (4.3 cm) in length by ½ of an inch (1.2 cm) at the widest. This pair of antique earrings has a weight of 5.7 grams.
Date & Origin: Circa 1870 and is English in origin.
Note: Antique piqué jewelry displays the lost decorative art of inserting metal into a medium to form designs. For in-depth information please see our Jewelry History section.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.