Georgian Diamond Drop Earrings
Anyone familiar with auction houses or antique jewelry hunting knows that earrings are "the" prize. The most sought after and the most difficult to obtain, earrings did not seem to survive as well as other forms of jewelry. Loss, breakage and the passage of time all contributed to their scarcity. Georgian era diamond earrings are especially at a premium.
These glorious three part pendant earrings display forty-nine (49) diamonds foiled and set closed back in silver as was typical for the time. All gems are rose cut diamonds with the exception of the table cut stone on the bottom and all are set in pinched collets. The largest diamond is equivalent in footprint to a 20 point gemstone.
The overall configuration of the earring is undeniably sensual with the elongated and wide tear shaped drop and articulated movement. Scrolls and flourishes ornament the surface of the open silver metal work.
Measurements: 2-1/4 inches (5.5 cm) in length by 7/8 of an inch (2.2 cm) at the widest. Weight of 16.5 grams (10.4 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; variation in diamond color and shimmer due to age and foiling; later 15k gold ear wires.
Date: Circa 1790 - 1800.
Important: Foiled jewelry should not be exposed to water for any extended period of time nor soaked in water or any other liquid.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.