Antique Victorian Paste Brooch
Paste has a devoted following throughout the last three centuries and is worn and appreciated for its unique beauty and artisanship. Crafted in the same superb manner as fine diamond jewelry, this antique brooch boasts dazzling white and bright clear pastes in a closed back setting (in the photos the pastes appear blue but are truly shimmering and white in almost all types of light with a hint of blue in a few lighting situations).
Gleaming with brilliance, there is a rose gold fleur-de-lys claw mount crown for the central paste. Apparent is the fine workmanship of the piece: all hand-made and meticulously constructed, the overall thickness of the silver and using silver pins the elevated central oval panel. The brooch is all silver with gold washed scrolls at the top of the each of the cardinal points of the brackets. On the reverse the hinge, clasp and their respective bases are crafted in gold.
Measurements: More than 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) by 1-3/8 inches (3.5 cm) by more than 3/8 of an inch (1.1 cm) in depth. Has a weight of 22.4 grams.
Condition: Very good; lovely front; “C” clasp base on reverse re-soldered; early yet later date base and clasp possible.
Date: Circa 1860
Origin: Most likely English
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.