Micro Mosaic Bird Brooch with Diamonds
Micro mosaics are actual miniature works of art, the technique dating back to Roman antiquity. The image is made from thousands of tiny tiles or tesserae fabricated from glass threads that have been heated and melted until delicate as a strand of hair and then cut into tiny segments.
Hand wrought cannetille work of yellow gold embraces the mosaic and surround with its delicate designs of leaves, scrolls and swirls as it is ornamented at each of the four cardinal points with a sparkling rose cut diamond of approximately .07 carats with a TCW of .28 carats. Minute tesserae of clear vibrant colors of red, black, green, brown, sand and white form a micro mosaic image of a singing bird banked against a surround of French blue. On the reverse a warm rose gold provides the backdrop for the original pin stem, hinge and “C” catch.
Measures 1-5/16 of an inch (2.4 cm) in length by 7/8 of an inch (2.2 cm) in width and has a weight of 2.9 grams. In very good condition; light patina on the reverse; slight bend to pin stem; possibly the rose gold back was replaced in the 19th century. Mosaic is Italian in origin and the setting is possibly English. Dates to circa 1840. Although petite in scale, this antique Victorian micro mosaic brooch speaks volumes.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.