Classic Gold & Diamond Stud Earrings
The gypsy or Belcher setting came about in the late Victorian era. It is a type of setting where the stone is recessed into the shank or mount. Sometimes there are delicate rays that are also carved out from the metal and emanate from under the stone. Rings of this era often employed this technique and, while striking, it also has the added benefit of protecting gems. Here it is used to hold single cut diamonds of about .03 carats each. Of 10k yellow gold, the outer edge has grander and more petite circular forms with a suggestion of a twisted wire inner border. Post ear wires and nuts secure the earrings. Measures 3/8 of an inch (0.9 cm) in diameter. In very good condition with light wear; tiny pinholes on reverse is part of the construction of cast pieces; later 14k gold ear nuts. The pair weighs 1.5 grams and dates to circa 1910.
Note: All diamond weights are approximate since the stones were not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.